The new Subaru Forester base model has been equipped with a smaller touchscreen not built by Subaru – allowing for wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
- 2023 Subaru Forester pricing and specifications
- New 2.5X variant downgrades to 7.0-inch infotainment screen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto exclusive to 2.5X
- Priced from $37,890 plus on-road costs
The 2023 Subaru Forester line-up is expanding with a new entry-level variant, due to arrive in Australia before the end of the year.
Subaru has announced the Forester will gain a new 2.5X AWD variant – priced from $37,890 plus on-road costs, identical to the existing entry-level 2.5i AWD model.
The Subaru Forester 2.5X is fitted with a 7.0-inch Alpine infotainment screen, rather than the larger 8.0-inch display currently standard across the range.
While the updated infotainment system is now capable of wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (wired only in all other variants), it loses voice command recognition, over-the-air updates, a CD player and one USB-A port – down from two USB-A inputs before.
It is unclear why the third-party display has been fitted, however parts shortages affecting the Subaru screen could be one factor.
The 2023 Subaru Forester 2.5X is otherwise unchanged compared to the 2.5i, retaining a 136kW/239Nm 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which is mated to a continuously-variable automatic transmission (CVT) and all-wheel drive system.
As reported in June, the updated 2023 Subaru Forester line-up is expected to arrive in Australia between October and December. It is unclear if the first deliveries have been made.
See below for a full list of pricing and features for the 2023 Subaru Forester range.
2023 Subaru Forester Australian pricing
- Forester 2.5X AWD – $37,890 (new)
- Forester 2.5i AWD – $37,890 (up $1900 vs 2022 prices)
- Forester 2.5i-L AWD – $40,290 (up $1900)
- Forester 2.5i Premium AWD – $43,090 (up $1950)
- Forester 2.5i Sport AWD – $44,840 (up $2150)
- Forester 2.5i-S AWD – $46,340 (up $2150)
- Forester Hybrid L AWD – $43,290 (up $1900)
- Forester Hybrid S AWD – $49,340 (up $2150)
Note: All prices above exclude on-road costs.
2023 Subaru Forester 2.5X standard features:
- 7.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with reversing camera, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and DAB+ digital radio
- One USB-A port
- Automatic LED headlights
- 6.3-inch secondary multi-function display
- Leather steering wheel and shifter
- Paddle shifters
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
- Electric folding rear seats
- Automatic wipers
- Fog lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Autonomous emergency braking (forward-facing)
- Lane-keep assist (with centring)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
2023 Subaru Forester 2.5i adds (over 2.5X):
- 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen with voice command recognition, over-the-air updates, CD player
- Wired Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Two USB-A ports
2023 Subaru Forester 2.5i-L and Hybrid L add (over 2.5i):
- Heated front seats
- EyeSight driver drowsiness detection
- 360-degree camera
- Adaptive high beam
- Reverse autonomous emergency braking
2023 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium adds (over 2.5i-L and Hybrid L):
- Electric front seats with driver memory
- Electric tailgate
- Metallic pedals
- Satellite navigation
- Sport mode
- 18-inch alloy wheels
2023 Subaru Forester 2.5i Sport adds (over 2.5i Premium):
- Gunmetal and orange interior highlights
- LED front fog lights
2023 Subaru Forester 2.5i-S and Hybrid S adds (over 2.5i Sport):
- Leather upholstery
- Eight-speaker Harman Kardon premium sound system